jueves, 15 de noviembre de 2012

Killing "The Man" to Save "The Woman"

To the reading woman:

If a man has ever said or done anything disrespectful to you that either you passively disregarded, or bear as a inexorable burden, I want to apologize for the past, present, and future generations of men with no morals or self respect. Personally, I believe that women are one of the greatest gifts that Life has ever given me or any other man/boy. When I was living with my mom and sister for two years in an small home in Alabama, I learned how important women are to the everyday lives of a young man. They teach him humility, respect, and courtesy. You learn quickly that they are the true treasures of life that we, as men, need to appreaciate better. Women, who not only keep this society we live in from falling apart by raising us up full of morals and ethics that help shape who and what we are, also have a kind of limitless, nonjudgemental, enduring love that seems uncharted and passionate everytime a man dives into its deep waters. But, the men who jump on their high horse and believe they can "control" women like pawns and treat them like complete children toys are apart of the majority of people corrupted by the archetypal theme "The Man."

The Man believes that he can have any women he wants and can do whatever he wants to him if he does the right things. He's repeated the same plan over and over again, "Walk up to her, make her feel good about being around me and ask her on a date tonight. Then, when on the date, I do all the listening; I have her believe I really care about what she's talking about. Remember, do alot of listening, but when you do talk, it's all about romance; tell her she looks beautiful; talk about her personality, you know, make her fall for me. When it's time to go, I tell her something she will remember like, 'I've been on like, a few dates this year, and you have taken my breath away tonight; it's unexplainable. Everything about you is just so right to me. You're beautiful, funny, intelligent, and just plain irresistable. I'm trying my hardest not to just kiss you on those beautiful, perfect lips.' After that, my work is done. She's all over me! I go inside, get the "job" done and drop out while she's sleeping, and never call her back again. Then, on to the next one!!!" After the woman realizes that the guy won't return her calls and text messages, it's too late. He's probably off on another "date" and she's sitting at home emotionally attached to this guy she met two days ago who doesn't truly care for her, so she fills her emotional void with another guy tomorrow, then two, then four, then sixteen, then thirty. All because The Man wanted a quick fix, that same girl at Starbucks is pregnant with a child with twenty-nine possible fathers. Cold world right?

The morals of men have been thrown away. What happened to holding the door open? What happened to yes ma'am/no ma'am? What happened to letting them have your seat if there weren't any left?What happened to sincere listening? What happened to,"I'll never leave you."? What happened to saying, "I love you" and with every fiber of your being, meaning it? What happened? It doesn't have to be this way; treat every woman with the most extreme levels of respect and regard for themselves and their beliefs and opinions. Show them that they truly matter to you, because I'm almost positive they do to someone else; you won't find a kindness like the one a heartfelt woman holds anywhere else in the universe.

For my LLP, I plan to present this idea to my "students" and hope that one of them choose to create a campaign for Women's rights. This is a problem that has bothered me for a long time now and I'm tired of it, so it's time to take action. That's another man's pride and joy you're playing with; would you want someone doing that with your daughter? I need our generations of misogynistic "playas" to wake up; this project will expose the truth of the importance of Women in the world to men and will slowly but surely kill off The Man inside. It's time to stop trying better your "swag" and start to work on having some kind of Class.

I'm done ranting. Next Post:

"Every man must do two things alone: he must do his own believing and his own dying."
- Martin Luther

1 comentario:

  1. Torran, I really like that you feel this respect for women, and recognize the need for women to be treated with dignity in our society (and the lack of it in certain places right now, too).
    However, I have to say that I don't think a Women's Rights project should be centered on how MEN should treat women. I believe that women should be active players in our fight for equality, not the passive ones waiting for men to make a change for us. Because if we're letting the men do all the fighting for our rights,then we're asserting untrue stereotypes, like "women are too weak to stand up for themselves" and, as a result, need men to do it for us instead
    You're right, a lot of guys are guilty of manipulating women and playing with their emotions, but it's my belief that the problem goes deeper than that. Because it's not just about the relationship between men and women in a romantic setting; the two sexes have to face each other in academic, political, and career-related settings, too, and the same assumptions are made about women being stupid enough to be duped by men saying "what the woman wants to hear" just to get her to shut up. The change here has to happen on a more subtle psychological level, because no amount of being nice and respectful is going to change the mindsets that men and even women hold about the role of women in our society. Plus, chivalry (holding the door open, giving up your seat, etc.) really do more harm than help for women.. http://everydayfeminism.com/2012/09/chivalry-must-die/ the change starts in our mindsets as a society, not so much in our actions.
    I'm sorry if I'm coming off as being overly critical here; don't get me wrong, I really and truly do appreciate your recognition for this issue which is really dear to my heart.. I just thought I'd give you some feedback from a feminist point of view.. let me know if you agree/disagree or whatever!

    ResponderEliminar